Glass fiber yarn is made of glass balls or waste glass as raw materials through high-temperature melting, drawing, winding, weaving and other processes.Glass fiber yarn is mainly used as electrical insulation material, industrial filter material, anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, heat insulation, sound insulation and shock absorption material. It can also be used as a reinforcing material to make glass fiber reinforced plastic products such as reinforced plastics or reinforced plaster. Coating glass fiber with organic materials can improve its flexibility, and can be used to make packaging cloth, window screening, wall covering, covering cloth, protective clothing, and insulation and sound insulation materials.
As a reinforcing material, glass fiber yarn has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber far more extensive than other types of fiber, and its development speed is also far ahead. Its characteristics are listed as follows:
(1) High tensile strength and low elongation (3%).
(2) High elastic coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) The elongation is large within the elastic limit and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy is large.
(4) It is an inorganic fiber with non-combustibility and good chemical resistance.
(5) Low water absorption.
(6) Dimensional stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) Good processability, and can be made into products of different forms such as strands, bundles, felts, and woven fabrics.
(8) Transparent and can transmit light.
(9) The development of a surface treatment agent with good adhesion to resin is completed.
(10) The price is cheap.
(11) It is not easy to burn and can be melted into glass beads at high temperature.
Glass fiber yarn is divided into untwisted roving, untwisted roving fabric (checkered cloth), glass fiber mat, chopped strand and ground fiber, glass fiber fabric, combined glass fiber reinforced material, and glass fiber wet felt.
Although glass fiber yarn has only been used in the construction field for more than 20 years, as long as there are buildings such as airports, stadiums, shopping malls, entertainment centers, car parking lots, theaters, etc., PE coated glass fiber screen cloth is used. When making tents, PE-coated glass fiber screen cloth is used as the roof, and sunlight can pass through the roof to become a soft natural lighting source. Due to the use of coated PE glass fiber screen window cloth, the quality and service life of the building will be significantly improved.